You’ve tried everything to get rid of your flabby arms, and nothing seems to work. Right? Well, today you are in luck.
In this article, I’m going to share 3 effective arm exercises to help get rid of flabby arms.
The flabby skin that hangs on your arms is many people’s trouble area and frustration to deal with.
You’ve tried dozens of pushups every day with no progress to speak of.
Especially when the summer is fast approaching and all you want is to tote toned strong arms, the lack of results can be disheartening.
While flabby arms or bat wings are tricky to lose, you can still get rid of them and trade them in for stronger arms.
It starts with a consistent workout to strength train your triceps.
This is particularly essential.
Many people don’t distinguish working your triceps from the biceps. They treat all arm exercises the same and assume hitting the arms somehow engages the tricips.
This is not always the case.
Building triceps muscles takes certain exercises that isolate and directly target the triceps.
This means gazillion curls that mainly target your biceps will not tone your triceps and lose the jiggles.
If you are looking for an arm workout that helps you get rid of the arm jiggles, we have you covered.
You can add this 3-move workout routine to any of your regular exercise regimens.
It’ll only add 8-10 minutes to your workout and help you tone up your arms in an effective way.
Here are the 3 best triceps exercises to get rid of your flabby arms.
You’ll also like:
Dips are a bodyweight exercise that targets your triceps.
When done properly, they can be extremely effective in toning your arms and the upper body.
While it’s not an isometric exercise, this arm exercise effectively targets the triceps and builds strength in the area.
It also tackles multiple larger muscle groups such as shoulders and chest to help boost your fat burn and speed up your metabolism.
Indirectly, you are also using your abs, core, back, and glutes to stabilize your body and add support.
If you have gym access, you can perform bar dips, but if you are doing this at home, you can use a bench to perform a bench dip.
How to perform a bench dip with proper form:
- Sit on a sturdy object like a bench and place your hands next to your thighs.
- Lower your butt by walking your feet out until your legs are extended and shoulders are directly above your hands.
- Pull your shoulders back and brace your core. Lower your body down towards the ground until your arms are bent at a 90-degree angle.
- Pause at the bottom and press through your palms to return to the starting position. That’s one rep. Perform 2-3 sets of 8-10 reps.
2. Dumbbell Overhead Extension
If you’re after sculpted arms with no jiggles hanging from your triceps, you need this dumbbell extension exercise.
The overhead extension is one underused move that’s extremely effective in isolating the triceps.
While many press exercises use the triceps as a secondary muscle, this extension is primarily focused on the triceps.
How to perform a dumbbell overhead extension
- Grab a dumbbell and hold one end of it with both hands. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and bring your dumbbell behind your head.
- Brace your core and tighten the glutes. Keep a neutral, flat back and in one motion, press the dumbbell over your head. Paul when your arms are straightened and you feel the stretch in the back of your arms.
- With control, slowly return to the starting position. That’s one rep. Complete 2-3 sets of 10 reps.
3. Jab Cross Punch
The last exercise is the one that’s a little hidden move no one knows to do for their bad wings.
It’s a popular boxing move that’s very effective for your arm jiggles.
It’s a type of punch that both burns extra energy and fat while keeping triceps in demand and use.
The trick is to perform this at a fast tempo without getting loose with form. Be sure to hold your arms up high at the shoulder level at all times and keep your explosive punch and with power.
Jab is also one fun way to spice up your arm workout with non-traditional arm exercises and add some cardio to it.
How to perform jabs.
- Start with your feet shoulder-width apart and take a step forward with your left foot while keeping the right foot in place.
- Slightly bend your knees and brace your core. Make fists with your hands and bring them together right in front of your face.
- Step one step forward with your left foot and throw a punch with your left hand by extending the forearm. Rotate your left fist so your palm is facing down. Pull your arm in and return your foot back to the starting position. Be sure to keep your core tucked in and don’t let your upper body go as you punch and pull.
- Do the punch and pull with your other arm while keeping the feet in place. Perform 2-3 sets of 10 jabs per side.
These 3 triceps exercises are great for toning the back of your arms and getting rid of your flabby arms. They primarily target the triceps and help add strength to the muscle that often gets undertrained
To progress faster and see better results, be sure to add cardio to burn extra calories. It’s also essential to add strength training for bigger muscle groups like glutes, hamstrings, and core to build more lean muscle in your body. This will help you boost your overall fat burn as well as speed up your metabolism.
Cleaning up your diet is one last piece that affects the overall body fat and can help you tone up faster as well.